Patient Health Information Under federal law, your patient health information is protected and confidential. Patient health information includes information about your symptoms, test results, diagnosis, treatment, and related medical information. Your health information also includes payment, billing and insurance information.
How We Use Your Patient Health Information
We use health information about you for treatment, to obtain payment, and for health care operations, including administrative purposes and evaluation of the quality of care that you receive. Under some circumstances, we may be required to use or disclose the information even without your permission.
We may use or disclose identifiable health information about you for other reasons, even without your consent. Subject to certain requirements, we are permitted to give out health information without your permission for the following purposes.
Required by law: We may be required by law to report gunshot wounds, suspected abuse or neglect, or similar injuries and events.
- Public Health Activities: As required by law, we may disclose vital statistics, diseases, information related to recalls of dangerous products and similar information to public health authorities.
- Health oversight: We may be required to disclose information to assist in investigations and audits, eligibility for government programs, and similar activities.
- Judicial and administrative proceedings: We may disclose information in response to an appropriate subpoena or court order.
- Deaths: We may report information regarding deaths to coroners, medical examiners, funeral directors and organ donation agencies.
- Serious threat to health or safety: We may use and disclose information when necessary to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of the public or another person.
- Military and Special Government Functions: If you are a member of the armed forces, we may release information as required by military command authorities. We may also disclose information to correctional institutions or for national security purposes.
- Research: We may use or disclose information for approved medical research.
- Workers Compensation: We may release information about you for workers compensation or similar programs providing benefits for work-related injuries or illness.
In any other situation, we will ask for your written authorization before using or disclosing any identifiable health information about you. If you choose to sign an authorization to disclose information, you can later revoke that authorization to stop any future uses and disclosures.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our use of multilayer software and encryption is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Refunds are issued on a case by case basis based on the current state of your financial account as well as potential ongoing adjudication with health insurance payors and or medical reimbursement organizations. Please contact ION’s Billing Team for more information.
Shipping Policy / Delivery Policy
The “ION – Integrated Oncology Network” does not sell any product for which a shipping charge would apply.